General Sports Psychiatry & Post-Concussion Symptoms
Who is Eligible for Treatment?
- Collegiate athletes in collaboration with their school athletic department’s athletic trainers and medical staff
- Professional athletes & other elite athletes in collaboration with their team’s athletic trainers and medical staff
- Retired professional/collegiate/other elite athletes (self-referrals welcome)
- College students and young adults seeking seeking general psychiatric care.
Comprehensive evaluation of symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment planning, including discussion of medications that may be helpful.
- Post-concussion symptoms
- Life transition difficulties
- Sleep disruption
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity impairments
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Grief / bereavement issues
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / other mood disorders
- Schizophrenia / other psychotic disorders
Comprehensive evaluation of symptoms, diagnosis, initial treatment planning, and referral to other specialty care.
- Drug & Alcohol Use Disorders
- Eating disorders
Services not available:
- Psychotherapy (referrals to therapist provided as needed)
- Disability assessments
- One-time evaluations for work/school fitness, return to play, legal issues, guardianship, security clearances, capacity/competency
Sports Psychiatry Pittsburgh is an in-network provider for UPMC (commercial and ACA plans) and Highmark (including other Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPOs). Sports Psychiatry Pittsburgh is not in-network with any other insurance plans, including any Medicare/Medicaid/HealthChoices plan, even if they are part of UPMC or Highmark/Blue Cross. Private pay options are also available. For patients with … Continue reading Payment Information
Office & Location
The Sports Psychiatry Pittsburgh office is centrally located in the Forbes Pride & Stevenson Building in Pittsburgh’s Uptown. It is near Mercy Hospital, Duquesne University, and the exits for the Liberty Bridge, Veterans Bridge, and Bigelow Boulevard. The office is less than a 5-minute drive from Pittsburgh’s Downtown, the North Shore, Oakland, and South Side. … Continue reading Office & Location